UPDATE



Hi. This is an old, unmaintained blog. You may find these sites more to your liking:

Carson Brackney: This is my primary site.

Ad Astra Traffic: Content production/article writing service.

Ad Astra Traffic Team: For those who'd like to get writing gigs with Ad Astra.


Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Six figure me revisited...Adjusting the system...

I recently decided to make a public statement of my intention to earn $100K within one year and to track my progress here at the Content Done Better Blog (see: "Six figure me?"). I am changing things a little bit.

No, I am not surrendering or anything like that. I am just making some adjustments to make tracking easier. For those who aren't interested, my apologies. For those who are, here are the changes...

  • The year's earning totals now start with August 1, 2oo6 and will continue to accumulate until August 1, 2007.
  • I will be adding to my total based on all incoming PayPal receipts directly generated by Content Done Better.
  • The raw number goal has been increased to $125,000 to compensate for changes in the tracking methodology.

The piggy bank area on the bottom portion of the right sidebar has been changed to reflect all of this.

While we're on the subject of posting earnings figures, etc., let me recommend this post from Ann King on the topic. She's a part-time freelancer who's provided some data other writers might find valuable and addresses the issue of talking about "how much you make."

ADDENDUM 10/3: If you want the latest and a mini-faq about the challenge, feel free to check out this post.