UPDATE



Hi. This is an old, unmaintained blog. You may find these sites more to your liking:

Carson Brackney: This is my primary site.

Ad Astra Traffic: Content production/article writing service.

Ad Astra Traffic Team: For those who'd like to get writing gigs with Ad Astra.


Sunday, June 18, 2006

Guest Blogger Eliza Ferree: Wishing a Happy Father's Day to all You Freelancing Dads..

Howdy ya'll, this is Guest Blogger, Eliza Ferree. Seems pretty strange introducing myself, I normally keep quiet about who I am. Most ghost writers do, right? Well, I've never blogged for someone else before so gear me in the right direction if I steer off please.

Carson, I hope you are having fun on your little vacation. Make sure to take a little time off from writing today. Isn't that what Father's Day is for? Yes, I know a freelancer never stops writing, not even during a holiday and I think that's where we are going to head with todays topic.

Working through the Holidays...

How many freelancers can admit to never working on a holiday? Are there any hands raised? Wow, I see maybe one or two but everyone else has their notebooks in hand and are ready to begin their daily writing schedule. I applaud every one one of you, being a freelance writer is no piece of cake. You have deadlines, cancelations, dry weeks and even worries. You never want to stop working in fear that you won't be able to find work.

I remember a few months back, I had stopped writing because my husband had come home from Iraq. I planned on spending a few weeks with him, but when I got back online and tried to find a job. Many of the job boards that I frequent seemed to be looking for work as well. I wasn't sure where all my contacts had disappeared either. When I finally found a few gigs I jumped at the chance and knew that from that point on I would work whenever given the chance, unless of course I was already booked up.

Writers write for many reasons, the big one is money. We all know the only way to get that money is to get the job done. Nothing can get in that way either, not even being sick. Have you experienced something like this? Ever try to take a break and have a hard time getting back into a rythm?

Special guest blogger Eliza Ferree is a freelance writer and blogger. You can visit her at http://entertainusnews.blogspot.com/