UPDATE



Hi. This is an old, unmaintained blog. You may find these sites more to your liking:

Carson Brackney: This is my primary site.

Ad Astra Traffic: Content production/article writing service.

Ad Astra Traffic Team: For those who'd like to get writing gigs with Ad Astra.


Monday, June 19, 2006

Guest Blogger Eliza Ferree: The ball, a writer's life.

Hello Blogging World! How is your Monday going? Do you have deadlines? Is it a slow day? No work at all? Either way, I hope your Monday is getting off on the right foot.

Before leaving Carson gave me a file of pictures for the day. I must say I loved today's picture. The ball to me, can represent so much of a content writer's life. A writer's life can be full of fun and adventure, but it can also be a very lonely place at times.

Ever feel like you are the only writer online? The reality is you aren't. But when you are bored or scrolling for news and can't find anything you begin to wonder where all the writers have gone. Did they all meet up at some fancy party and left you at home?

A writer's life can also be a bit bouncy, like one of those small balls you get out of a machine. You toss it up in the air and let it bounce, waiting for it to stop. A writer may go all over the net to find a job and they never know where they'll end up. They may bounce from one site to the next and back again before finally finding something. Sometimes they aren't even sure if they'll be able to find a job. You may get a subject you know a ton about and can write a book on it, or you might get something that you had no clue even existed. Both subjects can be boring, or they can be a ton of fun. To me, the research is the most fun I have with content writing, and I am learning along the way. The money is just the icing on the cake.

How do you see the life of a content writer? If you are one, have you ever bounced around from one job to the next? As I mentioned in yesterday's post, there was a time that I had no jobs, so when I can, I grab as many as I can get a hold of. I try to keep that little ball bouncing and when it slows down I tend to worry. But for now, I'm content with being a little bouncing ball. Are you?

Special guest blogger Eliza Ferree is a freelance writer and blogger. You can visit her at http://entertainusnews.blogspot.com