UPDATE



Hi. This is an old, unmaintained blog. You may find these sites more to your liking:

Carson Brackney: This is my primary site.

Ad Astra Traffic: Content production/article writing service.

Ad Astra Traffic Team: For those who'd like to get writing gigs with Ad Astra.


Sunday, May 21, 2006

Sunday morning coming down...

My back half of May master plan involved limiting blog posts to one a day (not happening, I keep cheating that limitation and have now disregarded it completely). The plan was also designed to keep me away from work on weekends. Here I am at 7:00 a.m. on Sunday. You can tell that I have abandoned that, too.

So, does this mean the 2nd half of May freelance content challenge is a failure? Hardly. Quite the opposite, really. It just means I took it too easy on Friday, didn't do a thing yesterday, and have plenty to do. I want to attack work on Monday with ferocity and thought I could use some time today to position myself for the assault.

Overall, the whole thing is working nicely. A little marketing magic, some rapid-fire keyboard action and a directed sense of controlk, efficiency and organization toward the content writing business is already paying dividends. I don't know if I am breaking bad habits, but I am certainly avoiding them during this stretch. That redirection of effort seems to naturally produce a kind of drive and energy.

Why the spare blog posts? Here's my rationalization. They only take a few minutes to produce. They allow me an opportunity to (at least theoretically) communicate whatever might be on my mind during those few minutes.

However, working on a Sunday has its downside. I was out driving very early in the day, and there was that certain Sunday morning feeling that tries to tug you back into bed for late sleeps followed by slow breakfasts and an eventual afternoon nap.

And it took me back to somethin',
That I'd lost somehow, somewhere along the way.

On the Sunday morning sidewalk,
Wishing, Lord, that I was stoned.
'Cos there's something in a Sunday,
Makes a body feel alone.
And there's nothin' short of dyin',
Half as lonesome as the sound,
On the sleepin' city sidewalks:
Sunday mornin' comin' down.

In the park I saw a daddy,
With a laughin' little girl who he was swingin'.
And I stopped beside a Sunday school,
And listened to the song they were singin'.
Then I headed back for home,
And somewhere far away a lonely bell was ringin'.
And it echoed through the canyons,
Like the disappearing dreams of yesterday.

How's that for a blog post? You get free bonus Kris Kristofferson lyrics (though the only version I have ever heard came from Johnny Cash).

How's your "Sunday Morning Coming Down?" Feel free to commiserate if your are working today instead of taking it easy.

Here in a few minutes the regret will subside and all hell will break loose as I approach another goal (literally wearing a hole through at least a few of they keys on this keyboard). I am looking forward to replacing lonely bells and the disappearing dreams of yesterday with an insanely productive shift that will make tomorrow a treat.