UPDATE



Hi. This is an old, unmaintained blog. You may find these sites more to your liking:

Carson Brackney: This is my primary site.

Ad Astra Traffic: Content production/article writing service.

Ad Astra Traffic Team: For those who'd like to get writing gigs with Ad Astra.


Monday, May 22, 2006

2nd half of May challenge...an update...

As many of you know, I issued a personal challenge to myself as of May 16 to make the second half of this month more productive than any full month experienced so far this year. Many others have joined in on this freelance content writer challenge, either shooting for a similar goal or just challenging themselves to increase their efficiency and productivity.

So far, this experiment has been great. I have found that by making a concentrated effort to purge my workday of unproductive things I have been able to better serve my clients and increase my productivity a great deal. I really do believe that writers can fall into a pattern that seems like a great system on the surface but is really not as good as it could be. I know that has been the case with me.

The #1 positive side effect of this has not really been the increased production (and, yes, income). Don't get me wrong, that is nice. However, the best part of this has been the nice feeling at day's end that I am really doing more to reach my own personal best level of performance. Improvement truly is its own reward, I guess.

So, how about the rest of you? Is it working out for you? What has been your #1 realization or benefit culled from this experiment?