UPDATE



Hi. This is an old, unmaintained blog. You may find these sites more to your liking:

Carson Brackney: This is my primary site.

Ad Astra Traffic: Content production/article writing service.

Ad Astra Traffic Team: For those who'd like to get writing gigs with Ad Astra.


Monday, April 10, 2006

Content Done Better hiring...

In the past, when I needed to outsource writing projects, I relied upon a list of interested writers. As any of you who administer a list of any sort know, it can be somewhat time consuming if the process isn't fully automated (my process is not). You get people who change or abandon email addresses, who just aren't interested, etc. Plus, you have to add new addresses regularly.

I was looking for an easier way and considered opening up some sort of work distribution forum for content writers as an element of my site.

Recently, however, a forum has been started as part of Writer Wrangler, which I mentioned here a few times (here and here). The system seems to be working pretty well for the administrator there, and I like the fact that the Writer Wrangler forum has a "hand off" area that gives freelance content writers a chance to share projects when necessary. That's a nice safeguard.

They have a folder there for people to offer jobs, and I decided I would like to the forum as a method of distributing the content jobs I have for outsourcing. However, I didn't like the idea of having my projects "get lost" in the forum... I may have a lot of work coming up! This blog has produced some referrals to Writer Wrangler and I get along well with the admin. over there, so I pitched an idea and they agreed to it!

There is now a Content Done Better Jobs folder at the forum where I can offer jobs and people can accept them, etc. I think this will work a lot better than sending out a mass email.

So, if you are interested in working for CDB now or in the future, you should stop by the Writer Wrangler forum and sign up. It takes about 30 seconds and then you'll be able to accept any jobs I might have to offer. I am predicing many over the next few months.

If you also sign up at the Writer Wrangler site, you'll also have a shot at grabbing the work they offer. The CDB section of the forum is already up and running. It is password protected, so you will need to secure the password for entry. You can PM (private message) me from within the forum to get it.

I look forward to seeing you there.