UPDATE



Hi. This is an old, unmaintained blog. You may find these sites more to your liking:

Carson Brackney: This is my primary site.

Ad Astra Traffic: Content production/article writing service.

Ad Astra Traffic Team: For those who'd like to get writing gigs with Ad Astra.


Sunday, August 20, 2006

Friday on Sunday...Thumbs Up/Down...

I know, it's Sunday. I'm supposed to be doing the thumbs/up down thing on Fridays. Well, I missed the mark and am making up for some lost time today.

I am going to keep this one short, though. Just one thumbs up to the people at Google and Blogger.com who have finally rolled out some updates for those of us using Blogger blogs, and a quick (hopefully temporary) thumbs down for the disapperance of evilgeniusmarketing.com's social bookmarking tag generator.

Blogger.com has introduced a new beta program that gives users a lot more flexibility in operating their free blogs. You can finally create categories and labels. You use a drag and drop interface to customize your chosen template's design. You can play with color and font combinations all day long.

I've migrated this blog over to the beta offering, although you can't tell the difference yet. Eventually, I will really dig into the new service and I think it will help me to improve the quality of this blog's design.

Based on what I have read, the beta service is available to anyone starting a new blog. For those with existing Blogger.com blogs, migration apparently requires an "invitation." I learned that I was eligible from a little note discovered when logging into the old Blogger.com dashboard.

A few other notes... First, using the beta version requires a Google account. If you don't have one, you will need to go through that relatively painless process. Also, although you may hear about "new templates," the additional selection is actually very limited. There are a few slightly adjusted versions of some of the familiar choices, but nothing earth-shattering. However, the customization opportunities should make it easy to avoid a "cookie cutter" appearance.

If you haven't looked at the new version, start here.

My thumbs down is for the sudden loss of evilgeniusmarketing.com's social bookmarking tag generator. I found it to be a great way to create Technorati and Deli.cio.us tags. When I try to use it today, it appears to be gone. Sadness ensues. Hopefully it will be up again and this is just a tiny glitch of some sort, because I like their handy interface and it sure beats hand-coding tags. I know, there are other tag generators, but this one has been my favorite.

P.S. I am using Fintan's Technorait Tag Generator for today's posts. You can check it out here.

UPDATE--As of Monday a.m., evilgeniusmarketing.com was up an running again!