UPDATE



Hi. This is an old, unmaintained blog. You may find these sites more to your liking:

Carson Brackney: This is my primary site.

Ad Astra Traffic: Content production/article writing service.

Ad Astra Traffic Team: For those who'd like to get writing gigs with Ad Astra.


Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Another weekend w/o the Content Done Better Blog...Advice from a doctor, though not a physician...See you Tuesday...

I'll be stepping away from the Content Done Better Blog until Tuesday.

I know, I know, who cares? After all, this post is going up on what is officially Thursday a.m. and no one actually spends their time readin freelance content writers' blogs during the weekend and first thing on Monday, right? Well, maybe a few people do. And, besides, I have this thing about updating this baby on a daily basis and I would feel rather strange if i skipped out on a few days without mentioning it first.

The last time I took a blogging breather, I recommended readers get their fix by perusing the archives, adding me to link lists and blog rolls, visiting my main website, etc. Not bad ideas this time, either.

But I'm more in the mood to share advice than I am to issue directives. Here's some quality wisdom from the late Dr. Hunter S. Thompson, a personal favorite of mine. The first part is good advice. The second situates it in a writing context for added fun. In case the words don't jar your memory, they come from Fear and Loathing on the Campaign Trail '72:

Live steady. Don't f**k around. Give everything weird a wide berth - including people. It's not worth it. I learned this the hard way, through brutal overindulgence.

Meanwhile, my room at the Seal Rock Inn is filling up with people who seem on the verge of hysteria at the sight of me still sitting here wasting time on a rambling introduction, with the final chapter still unwritten and the presses scheduled to start rolling in twenty-four hours ... but unless somebody shows up pretty soon with extremely powerful speed, there might not be any Final Chapter.

Enjoy your weekends. Things will return to normalcy around here as of Tuesday a.m. at the very latest.