UPDATE



Hi. This is an old, unmaintained blog. You may find these sites more to your liking:

Carson Brackney: This is my primary site.

Ad Astra Traffic: Content production/article writing service.

Ad Astra Traffic Team: For those who'd like to get writing gigs with Ad Astra.


Friday, February 03, 2006

New ebook nearing completion...Want it for FREE?

Writing for others is great, but I also like doing some "self-publishing," too. Lately, I have been working on a new ebook that I hope to have ready for release next week.

The working title is "The Blogger's Guide to Traffic Creation." That is a lousy title. I am not yet sure what I will name the book when I release it.

I was inspired to author this how-to guide on building traffic to blogs after noticing how many people are signing up for blog networks that only offer them a percentage of their Adsense earnings. Apparently, there are a lot of newer bloggers out there who are willing to trade half of their revenue in order to have someone else help with traffic development.

Personally, I think that is often a horrible deal. One can run their own blog (even a freely hosted one like this), manage their own blog marketing and keep all of their earnings. It may not be as simple as joining a network, but it is a pretty easy proposition if you have a guide and framework from which to work.

I'm mentioning the ebook here for a few reasons.

First, I know there are a lot of freelance writers out there who love the idea of blogging (and blogging for bucks) and thought I would let you all know that I have this ebook on the way in case they felt it was something they could use.

Second, all of you content buyers out there now know that I am in the ebook business as well as the article business. You can let me know if you need an ebook.

Third, I want to give away a few FREE copies of this ebook for review. So, if you would like a copy, you can contact me via the form on the right side of this blog or via email at cdbrack@gmail.com. In the next day or two I will send you a draft copy (you'll get all the text without the pretty graphics, etc.) for your review. FREE.

All I am asking for in return will be a brief review of the ebook. I may use positive remarks as testimonial material for the ebook's marketing. I won't require a lot from you, just some suggestions and an assessment of the ebook's value and quality. If I use anything you write in ad copy, I will provide you with a link to your site(s) and all of the wonderful publicity that will come from being quoted in the ads! Of course, if you find the ebook attrocious, I would also like to hear your opinion and recommendations. I don't want to give away too many copies, so I will probably cap that offer after 4 or 5 requests.