UPDATE



Hi. This is an old, unmaintained blog. You may find these sites more to your liking:

Carson Brackney: This is my primary site.

Ad Astra Traffic: Content production/article writing service.

Ad Astra Traffic Team: For those who'd like to get writing gigs with Ad Astra.


Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Customer service that doesn't stink...Ice Rocket...

I, like many, have suffered when Technorati's fickle finger of fate pointed away from me. For some reason, the social bookmarking giant decided to ignore The Content Done Better Blog for a few weeks not so long ago. After a few emails, alot of waiting, and more than enough whining, the folks at Technorati corrected the problem and all was well again.

Yesterday, I checked the stats for this little blog. I have been using the blog tracking service at Ice Rocket as one means of keeping track of the who/what/when/why/where/how of its visitors.

Ice Rocket was reporting very low numbers. I checked against another tool and realized they were mistaken.

So, I dropped them a line. Something sort of like, "Hey, I love your free tracking service and I don't want to gripe, but my numbers are stuck/wrong. What gives?" It might have been a little more or less eloquent than that, but you get the idea.

I was prepared to forget all about it for a few days and to check back in with Ice Rocket then to see if things were AOK. I didn't have to do that.

Within minutes, I received a return email letting me know that they were on the job. I then drove home (about a half hour), checked my mail there, and found that things were perfect again.

I figured that if I was going to gripe about service shortcomings elsewhere, I should also give kudos to those who impress. Way to go, Ice Rocket.

If you aren't familiar with Ice Rocket, check it out. The free tracking option is cool and easy to use. Their blog search engine is also a handy alternative to other sites that seem to occasionally suffer slowdowns, etc. (you know who you are).