UPDATE



Hi. This is an old, unmaintained blog. You may find these sites more to your liking:

Carson Brackney: This is my primary site.

Ad Astra Traffic: Content production/article writing service.

Ad Astra Traffic Team: For those who'd like to get writing gigs with Ad Astra.


Friday, May 12, 2006

Wisdom from the Doctor...Your favorites...

I am a Hunter S. Thompson fan. He's definitely among my five favorite authors of all time. I came across these two comments the other day from Dr. Thompson and thought I would share:

"I have no taste for either poverty or honest labour, so writing is the only recourse left for me."

and....

"I've always considered writing the most hateful kind of work. I suspect it's a bit like [censored, but begins with an "f"], which is only fun for amateurs. Old wh*res don't do much giggling."

Two somewhat competing sentiments, but some days they both fit.

As mentioned, HST is one of my favorites five. The others? Milan Kundera, Dom DeLillo, and Charles Bukowski round up the top four. Fifth place is a dead heat between Kurt Vonnegut, John Fante and a few "academic types" like Herbert Marcuse and Michel Foucault.

Gee, blogs are supposed to be sort of interactive, right? How about commenting with a few of your favorites?