UPDATE



Hi. This is an old, unmaintained blog. You may find these sites more to your liking:

Carson Brackney: This is my primary site.

Ad Astra Traffic: Content production/article writing service.

Ad Astra Traffic Team: For those who'd like to get writing gigs with Ad Astra.


Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Understanding Google's duplicate content filter...Future special report...

I make my living writing for the web, so I tend to keep a close eye on major factors that could have an impact on the content marketplace. One such factor is Google's often-misunderstood duplicate content filter and its associated penalties.

I've seen writers use it as an all-out scare tactic to convince webmasters to commission new and unique content. I've seen webmasters who are completely dismissive of the situation and who don't feel like it is anything about which to worry. I've seen those in the private label rights content sector marketing software packages that tweak articles just enough to avoid being considered "duplicate" material.

There is a diversity of opinions about what constitutes duplicate content, when and how Google discovers it, and what (if any) penalties stem from its use. It appears as though everyone has a "take" on duplicate content and that many of the perspectives are mutually exclusive.

So, I have been spending a lot of time researching and studying the matter.

I think it's an important issue and one that will become more important as time passes. Hopefully, my study of the matter will produce a solid understanding of the ins and outs of duplicate content and Google.I am considering writing a special report on the duplicate content filter and making it available to all of my customers and partner writers free of charge. I might even sell a few copies to those who aren't part of the Content Done Better "family."