UPDATE



Hi. This is an old, unmaintained blog. You may find these sites more to your liking:

Carson Brackney: This is my primary site.

Ad Astra Traffic: Content production/article writing service.

Ad Astra Traffic Team: For those who'd like to get writing gigs with Ad Astra.


Sunday, November 19, 2006

Five things you probably don't know about me and may not want to know...

Kristen King at Inkthinker tossed me one of those blogging memes... She once pretended to be English for six days and secretly plays 'Dance Dance Revolution." I don't know if I can top that, but here's my effort.

1- Despite being notoriously "anti-establishment" for most of my life, I was elected to student council-type positions on three separate occasions--all as a write-in candidate: high school Student Council, Student Government Association in college and Student Bar Association in law school. They kicked me out of office on all three occasions for a failure to attend meetings, etc.

2- I have a secret love for Madden football video games. Most people would be surprised to know that I actually own a PlayStation 2 exclusively for that game and that my wife quietly passes me the newest Madden installment on my birthday every year. It's my secret addiction.

3- There are three things I can't stand. Ham, Ernest Borgnine, and the sound of barking dogs. The worst thing I can imagine would be dining on ham with Ernest Borgnine while his dogs barked at me. I can't fully explain my distaste for the "Trifecta of Doom," but it is very strong.

4- I've had a whopping eighteen/nineteen cars in the last twenty years. I've been behind the wheel of offerings from Buick, Mercury (twice), Chevrolet (five times), Ford (four times), Mitsubishi (twice), Honda, Volkswagen, Dodge and even a Renault. Yes, a Renault. Oh, I also drove and had a horrible incident in my dad's fairly vintage Porsche that I would rather not discuss. I'm probably leaving at least one car out of the list. Best car: 1970 Buick Skylark (my first car). Worst: 1984 Volkswagen Fox (a two-month stop-gap vehicle). Despite being a Renault, my '85 Alliance was actually a dependable, decent vehicle for almost two years.

5- I hate the circus. I hate it so much that when I was in the 6th grade I intentionally refused to bring home a mandated parental permission slip to attend the circus as part of a school outing. I spent the day in a classroom with a weird kid whose family was probably involved in some bizarre religion doing worksheets under the supervision of someone from the school's office staff. My distaste for the three-ringed spectacle is so strong that I still regard that as a very good decision.

There you have it... Five things most people don't know about me.