UPDATE



Hi. This is an old, unmaintained blog. You may find these sites more to your liking:

Carson Brackney: This is my primary site.

Ad Astra Traffic: Content production/article writing service.

Ad Astra Traffic Team: For those who'd like to get writing gigs with Ad Astra.


Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Another chorus of the Technorati blues...Ain't too proud to beg on day sixteen...

As recently mentioned (see: "A d*mn good case of the Technorati blues.."), I have been banished from Technorati. Well, I haven't been. This blog has been. Well, not all of this blog, just the last sixteen days worth of it.

Suddenly and without warning, Technorati stopped hearing my pings, finding my updates or caring about the Content Done Better blog. Despite my pleas, the folks at Technorati still haven't sent a robot in my direction to scout things out.

Here's what I did after noticing that I had fallen out of favor with Technorati. I tried to find out if I could fix the problem myself. You see, I am not one of those "oh, no, something isn't perfect so I need to fire off eight million help requests immediately" guys. I started with hopes of making it a DIY project. No dice. All of the fixes I could find didn't apply to my situation.

In my research, however, I discovered a chorus of voices belonging to others that had been scorned by Technorati. They all said they sent an email and, within a few days, things were back to perfect. So, despite my distaste for sending out help requests, I dropped Technorati a line.

The autoresponder told me to sit tight for a "few days" and, in the meantime, to read the help page just in case the answer to my problem was already staring back at me. It said that if I didn't get a response soon, to remind them and to reference my ticket number.

I heard nothing.

I sent another email, as per their instructions. I even referenced my ticket number. I received a response. It was the Technoautoresponderati machine again. It didn't even tease me with something new. It was the same damn response.

Dear Diary,

Technorati's been gone for sixteen days, but the reality of it hasn't sunk in. I still call her up daily, hoping to get an update. There's no reply. She's gone and she's been gone for over two weeks without anything but a canned message when I try to get in touch, but for some reason I just can't believe that it's really all over.

I used to give to her. And she took. She took greedily. Whatever I offered. No thank yous, but she did tell others about me and having her out there spreading the word was something. It was enough. Sixteen days and she's not talking about me anymore. She's not listening to me.

Who is she talking about? Why him and not me?

Sixteen days without Technorati, but I look for her every morning.

I should be moving on. Spending more time with Del.icio.us or any of the others, but there's something about Technorati...

I used to just think that it was a catchy Motown number, but I am beginning to understand just how real "Ain't too Proud to Beg" is.

I know you wanna leave me,
But I refuse to let you go
If I have to beg and plead for your tags and pings,
I don't mind 'cuz you mean that much to me

Ain't too proud to beg, Technorati
Please don't skip my blog, don't you go
Ain't to proud to plead, Technorati
Please don't skip my blog, don't you go



Technorati Tags:
, , ,


Del.icio.us Tags:
, , ,